Thank you for your interest in A.B. Composting! Our mission is to be a driving force behind powerful environmental, social, and physiological benefits by reducing waste and harmful greenhouse gas emissions while improving nutrition, and promoting healthy and sustainable communities in a way that is easy and cost-effective.
The following terms are meant to help us meet those goals and to ensure that everyone is on the same page.
1. Getting started
Once you’ve signed on with us, we’ll deliver the bin of your choice to your door. Fill it with food waste and other organic material as outlined in our list of acceptable compost items. Place your bin outside the night before your scheduled pick-up. On pick up day, we’ll remove your bin and replace it with an empty, clean one. Fill and repeat!
Pickup is on Friday morning.
Pick-ups are $25/month for pickup every week and $15/month for pickup every other week.
In the spring, customers receive finished, high-quality compost as part of the service.
2. Services and Process
- You select the size bin and pick-up frequency that works for you. We can help you determine which options may be the best for your needs. We offer a 5 gallon bucket or 32 gallon pail.
- We’ll bring your bin to your home or business. You fill it with food waste and other organic, compostable material such as dairy products, meat, bones, fruits, peels, flour, bread, pasta, nuts, shells, condiments, dressings, and uncoated paper products.
- Place your bin outside the night before scheduled pick-up.
- We’ll pick up your bin on scheduled days and replace it with a clean, empty one. Pickup is on Friday morning at this time.
- All food waste collected is composted locally and cultivated into nutrient-rich, organic certified compost. Each spring, our customers are eligible to receive finished compost as part of our services. Don’t forget to view our FAQ!
The following outlines what pick-up and payment plan you selected.
- You promise to pay A.B. Composting pick-up fees corresponding to your Registration. The fees are outlined below. You may pay online or email us to arrange other forms of payment.
- $25/month for pickup every week. $15/month for pickup every other week..
- We recommend setting up a PayPal subscription for automatic recurring payments here.
- If you do not pay your invoice for A.B. Composting’s services within 30 days, A.B. Composting may end this agreement immediately.
5. When Things Don’t Go According to Plan
Sometimes things happen. You switched roommates, moved, breakups, you go on vacation, etc. Here’s how to handle these situations:
- If you want to end OR temporarily suspend your composting relationship with A.B. Composting at any time, you must email A.B. Composting 14 days in advance. You can send us a message here.
- If you end your composting relationship with A.B. Composting with 14 days notice (we’d be so sad to see you go!), any prepaid pick-ups will be refunded on a pro-rated basis.
- If you do not pay your invoice for A.B Composting’s services by 30 days from the date the invoice is sent to you, A.B. Composting may end this agreement by giving 14 days notice.
- Either you or A.B. Composting may end this agreement at any time and for any reason with 14 days notice.
- A.B. Composting reserves the right to cancel service on any given day due to extreme weather, unsafe road conditions, holidays, or operational issues. You will be notified of such cancellation as soon as we know, prior to your pick-up day, and we will do our best to immediately reschedule your pick-up day the following day, otherwise, your account will not be charged.
- Any matters relating to the cancellation or suspension of service will be made via email.
- If you end your composting relationship with A.B. Composting you may place your bin curbside as you would on a normal pick-up day so that we can reclaim your bucket for future use.
6. Confidentiality and Warranty
A.B. Composting and its employees, agents, or representatives will keep all client information confidential. Further, A.B. Composting will provide the services listed in this agreement and meet its obligations using the same or better standards of care used by other service providers in the area.
7. Limitation of Liability
A.B. Composting is not responsible for what happens with its buckets once you have them, so please be careful with them especially in regard to your neighbors and area wildlife.
A.B. Composting is not responsible for the contents and use of the material for which you compost after it has been delivered to any compost processor/manufacturer.